Monday, February 21, 2011

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

So this guy I work with who loves books like me, told me I needed to read this book. I was so glad I did. It's based on a Grimm's fairy tale, which I've never heard of before, but it has all the classic elements of a fairy tale. The evil step-mother, the prince whom she's being married off to. Her real true love is someone else. So she works in the shadows as long as she can as a goose girl. Meanwhile she falls in love. It is such a great story and one that I really couldn't put down. There are three other books in the series and I totally have to read them now!
Really, what is better than an awesome fairy tale? The great thing about fairy tales is this: a wrong is done to a righteous person, but that person is able to overcome the evil-doing and the evil force is held accountable for their deeds. And I think this has been a story line that has been popular for the ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment